Sunday, February 12, 2012

Faith..........



1faith

noun
1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty(1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
3
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

FAITH!
For so much of my life, FAITH, seemed like such a dirty word to me, simply because I could NOT fully grasp what FAITH meant in my walk with the LORD!  I knew we needed it, I knew others possessed it, but I couldn't grasp it.  I read the verses, I heard the sermons, I knew the right words to say,

"Have faith my friend"

" I have faith in you"

"My faith will stand in the face of this adversity".

But I still didn't and couldn't grasp what FAITH really meant to me and my walk.  It seemed so intangible, so foreign, so distant and impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment