Friday, June 15, 2012

Five Minute Friday-Path




So Friday has arrived again, with another chance to participate in the Five Minute Friday's brought to the blogging world by The Gypsy Mama, click on the link for more information or to participate.

PATH
START:
She finds herself, again, standing at a fork in the road.  Two clear paths lay before her.  Instinctively she steps to the right.  The path on the right is beautiful.  It is so bright, full of life, she can smell the sweet scent of many flowers, hear the songs of the birds. In contrast, the path to the left is dark, it smells of rotting wood and decay.  She can see many obstacles to maneuver just at the beginning of the path alone!  It is cluttered with fallen leaves, broken tree limbs, and large boulders.  She isn't even sure she wore the right shoes to take that path.  It is a clear and easy choice for her, the path to the right is obviously where she needs to go, into the beauty, the certainty, the clarity of the known.
As she begins to step onto the path on the right, she hears a voice beside her.  
"I don't think that path is the right path for you at this time."  
Looking around she sees nobody.  She shrugs and takes another step forward, this time though more hesitant.
The voice speaks again, "I ask you to trust me, that path is not what it appears to be."  This time she doesn't need to look around, she instinctively knows whose voice that is.
"But God she whispers, the other path, it's dark, it's dangerous, it's definitely hard.  I am so tired, I just want to get home and rest. My energy is depleted and I have a lot on my plate.  I really don't have time, that path will certainly take much longer.  Look at my feet, I am in sandals, I can't possibly get over those rocks in these."
'My precious, you are at a point where you need to Trust, not in what you see, but in Me.  I realize what it looks like,  I understand your fear.  But if you Trust in me,  I will guide every step you take through the unknown, I will not let you stumble, I will not let you fall."  
"Oh Father.  I just don't know if I can do it!"  she exclaimed
"Ultimately the path you choose is up to you, I have given you free will, but if you will Trust me, I promise you, that in the end, the path to the left will be worth the effort, despite what you see.  I can't promise that for you if you chose the path to the right. "  The Lord stepped into the darkened path on the left and reached out his hand.
With a deep breath, she pushed down all her anxiety, shoved away all her fear and took His hand into her own and stepped into the dark and bumpy path to the left.  
STOP:

No comments:

Post a Comment