Saturday, October 23, 2010

Anger




Colossians 3:8 

But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.


I have spent the entire day angry.  Incredibly, uncontrollably, unbelieveably angry!!  Anger is such a negative emotion, one that goes against everything I believe in and one that goes against what GOD wants us to be.

My anger is a huge monster that is taking on life and breath of it's own.  It scares me.  There is no specified reason today for this large amount of anger, though there is enough going on in my life to warrant anger, yet angry is NOT where I want to be.

I know how to pray for anger that is directed at others, but how do I pray when it's directed inward, when there is no specific reason to be angry?  Truth be told, I don't even want to pray today my anger is so strong.  This anger  does not want to acknowledge there is a way out and that prayer will get me there. 

This rolling monster of anger that pulses within me is destructive to my walk and yet I feel powerless to stop it. 

On an intellectual level I know Satan is waging a war against my walk into the light, but I am emotional and don't know how to defeat him at this time intellectually............all I can do is fall to me knees and cry out..........



Today's Prayer:
Dear Lord,
Please take this anger from me! I do not want to be controlled by this negative emotion any longer.






No comments:

Post a Comment