Friday, May 4, 2012


"On Fridays over here a group of people who love to go all out buck wild for the fun of the written word gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Unscripted. Unedited. Real."  The Gypsy Mama


Today's Inspiration:  REAL
Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.
~Judy Garland

START:

For REAL?  REAL STEAL? ARE YOU FOR REAL?  I'm Real!

The first thing that comes to mind when I see the word real is a bunch of corny sayings, but when I think about it a minute more, I see the word authentic.

Authentic is a word used often today, some may say overused, but in this day and age, finding something, anything that is authentic and real is rare, especially people.

I hate seeing people pretend to be something or someone they aren't .  I promise you, there is nothing wrong with who you are.  Everyone has their own values, beliefs, morals and standards, and they have the right to have those different from you and I.  It is okay to put your kids to bed at 9, though your neighbor does at 8.  Your not a bad parent, you are your child(ren)s parent.    It's okay if you really want to eat dinner in front of the television as a family, it won't ruin your children or your family.  It's okay to check out your childrens facebook, have them as a friend and have their password, even though other's will tell you it's an invasion of privacy.  It is okay to worship God, Believe in God and Live in God's Word.  It is okay.

I guess my point is this, it is okay to be you.  The real you.  It is okay to be who you are right now. It is okay  for you NOT to be your neighbor and to not apologize for it.  It is okay to stand on the mountain top and tell the world "I AM A CHRISTIAN!  It is okay.  It is okay to be AUTHENTIC, it is okay to be REAL!

STOP:

Side note:  That was hard!  I knew the five minutes would go by so quickly and I had a lot I wanted to expand on, but I hope that had some clarity!

Bible Verse:
The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because He trusts in You.  ~ Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment