Friday, April 6, 2012


Today's Inspiration:
You accomplish so much more than you give yourself credit for.


So many days it seems like my extremely long to do list never gets smaller, let alone done.  I lay down at night completely exhausted and worn out, with today and yesterday's to do's waiting to now be completed tomorrow.  What in the world do everyday?  I came across the above quote in a magazine and it made me think about what I do get done everyday and why it is my to do list may not get done.

I get myself and 4 kids up, dressed, groomed and fed every morning.
I run my children to school during the week, to church on Sunday's and activities on Saturdays.
I work.
I clean and do laundry.
I pick up kids from school during the week.
I cook everyday.
I make lunches everyday.
I hit doctor appointments, school appointments and other various appointments.
I go to school.
I oversee homework for 4 and do homework for one.
I manage a house
I spend a little time everyday on volunteer work.
I manage a blog.
I pray.
I sleep
I grocery shop
I pay bills
I run miscellaneous errands
I shower.


And those are just the obvious things I do on a daily basis.  I have now decided that I can stop beating myself up over the to do lists and how some of the things just get slid from one day to the next, for during the day, I really do accomplish more than I realize. 

What I do accomplish everyday, the one thing that never gets put off on any day, is time spent in prayer and in the Word, somehow, someway, I always get this done.  It is also those things which glorify God that I make sure get crossed off first on my list everyday.

Hebrews 12:29 

For our God is a consuming fire.















Today's Prayer:
Thank you Lord for the ability to do your will and to glorify you, even when it seems nothing else is getting done.  








No comments:

Post a Comment