Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where does this come from


Today's Inspiration:
Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate can not drive out hate; only love can do that.

I am not sure where these feelings deep down within me are coming from, I feel as if I am slipping into the darkness again and out of the light.  It's scaring me. 

I am suddenly overcome with overwhelming feelings of despair, frustration and fear and I really can not pinpoint anything in my life that would cause those feelings.  I also feel much sadness.

I am not particularly fond of these feelings and the old me wants to assume that my life is about to fall apart.  I am exhausted from fighting the all consuming negative feelings that are desperately trying to root in my conscious and overcome me.

The darkness that is enveloping me is causing me to look around every corner, behind every tree and imagine every worst case scenario I can, which is damaging enough, because I am still healing from the past two years and the memories of those two years are enough to send me reeling back to the darkness if I let them, I don't want to let them.  And maybe what I am going through is as simple as that, fear, that the sunshine in my life is only temporary and that soon I will be thrust back into the darkness that I can not control.  

Whatever is bothering my conscious and holding me back, I can't overcome alone, so if you read this post, please pray for me to remain in the light of God's unending love and that the darkness that is threatening to overtake me will not find root.

Jeremiah 13:16
Give glory to the Lord, your God, before he brings darkness, 
before your feet stumble on the darkening hills......

Today's Prayer
Dear Father~ I have been struggling the last few days with feelings of fear, despair, frustration and an overwhelming feeling of doom.  I know that what is of You and from You are not of the darkness and that only You can lift me up from this pit.  I lift myself to you and ask that you calm the raging storm of negative feelings within me and help me return to the shore intact and into Your glorious peace and light. I praise all that you have done in me and my life and all that you will continue to do.  I praise You also, that regardless of what happens in my life, You will be there by my side, to get me through.
~In Jesus Name










No comments:

Post a Comment