Thursday, April 5, 2012


Today's Inspiration:
Wonderful Things Happen All The Time

It really is true you know, wonderful things do happen all the time.  Sadly though, most people don't know about the wonderful things happening everyday or think about them or realize what they are.  We live in a world where most of us take everything for granted.   

For instance, it's Spring here (most everywhere) and everyday wonderful, beautiful and simple miracles are happening.  Grass is getting green, trees are budding and flowers are starting to sprout. Those are wonderful things.  They beautify our surroundings and make us feel good.

Another wonderful thing that is happening, right this minute, somewhere in the world; a child is being born.  A new baby, full of life, promise and wonder is coming into this world, a child whose life could make huge wonderful impacts on the world.

Somewhere else, as you read this, a couple are taking vows to love, honor and cherish each other till death does them apart, and they mean it.  Somewhere else a couple is about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and THAT's a wonderful thing.

Sunrises and Sunsets are wonderful things.  Beautiful and amazing, full of God's glory and beauty.  Even more wonderful, is the fact that we are here, alive and breathing to see those wonderful creations each and everyday.

Our world is full of wonderful and miraculous things, some simple, such as flowers budding and birds chirping, others complicated. But when we open our eyes and choose to look and search out the wonderful things of this world, we will find them, God will show us.  

Job 5:9
He performs wonders that can not be fathomed, miracles that can not be counted.

Through the dark points in my life, seeing the wonder in the world, was often hard to do.  It was hard to take the focus off the pain and misery that I was experiencing and search out the goodness, the wonderful, the miraculous.  To find any semblance of those things, I had to make a very concentrated and intentional effort to look and most days, honestly, I didn't want to.  During the darkest days, I wanted to wallow in my sorrow.  It wasn't until God had enough of my wallowing and prompted me to open my eyes to what mattered, not my pain or suffering, but His purpose for me through this pain and suffering.  Once God prompted, no pushed me out of my comfortable,dark, wallowing hole, I began to open my eyes to the beautiful and wonderful world I had hidden myself from for so long.

Like a child, everything was fresh and new to me.  Sunsets and sunrises were awe inspiring.  Blooming flowers and falling leaves were breathtaking.  Even my own body and mind was wonderful and new again.  I was able to see things through God's love and purpose, which gave me a whole new perspective.  News stories about death and destruction never seemed to reach me, but the few news stories about goodness and kindness seemed to always hit my news feed.  

It is no longer a concentrated or intentional effort to find the wonderful things  God has blessed us with, it's natural and all I see.

And if you are struggling today, in your dark pit, think of this, God is a wonderful being in and of Himself, one that will, if allowed, change any life and make it full of wonder, beauty, promise and love.

Psalm 105:5
Remember the wonders He has done, his miracles and the judgments he pronounced  


Today's Prayer:
Thank you Lord, for the wonderful things you give each of us.  For the big ones and the little ones, for the things we don't always even realize at first are wonderful and for those wonderful things we take for granted. Your wonder is amazing.
In Jesus Name~




No comments:

Post a Comment