Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You Know You Can Do It





TODAY'S INSPIRATION
You can do it, you KNOW you can!


Despite our most honest efforts, there is not a person alive that hasn't faced something in their lives that didn't caused doubt to creep in.  For every person that thing is different, but for each of us, that doubt is very real.  What is important is that each of us know that we can overcome that doubt that consumes us.

For me personally, I have always had a fear of failure.  Anytime I wanted to do something new, try something new, experience something new, that loud voice of doubt would tell me that I couldn't do it.  I couldn't possibly succeed in school, at a career change, as a wife or mother or business owner.  For a number of years this voice of doubt would literally debilitate me.  I wasn't the wife I could be, I stared longingly at those ads for jobs I knew I was qualified for, it kept me from using talents (those others said I possessed) to pursue my dreams, fear and doubt kept me stagnant.  I felt alone, lost and in essence, a loser at life.

I have always believed that I was meant to be my own boss. I have a passion for photography (so do a lot of people) and a passion to write (again, I am not alone).  But these have been with me from a very young age.  I want to support myself through my photography and also publish a children's book.  I am capable and have the talent to do both, what I have always lacked, is the confidence that I can do it.  

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord, your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

As I began to grow in my life with Christ, I started realizing that I was not allowing God into my life and that the fear and doubt I possessed trying to move forward or make gains in my life wouldn't happen until I learned to trust God and relinquish all my fears to Him.  I also learned, that I didn't have to face anything alone, not a single thing, God was there to help me, guide me and nurture me, I didn't have to be afraid of living my life and full-filling my dreams.  I am now in pursuit of those dreams.  I am working on a children's book, whether it gets published or not is in God's hands, but for me I am doing what I feel compelled and pressed to do.  As for the photography, I am moving forward there as well.  The steps are small, but the path is lit by God and He is walking beside me as I move forward.  I am learning more and more to live by His guidance and His will.  Today I am confidant and I know that I can do it, whatever it is in my life, with my Savior by my side.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Whatever obstacle you are facing in your life or new horizon you want to conquer, don't fear it.  Know that with God on your side, YOU CAN DO IT!  Go climb that mountain, run that race, go for that job, walk down that isle, take that leap and live your life in confidence and trust in our Lord.

Today's Prayer:

Dear Father, 
Thank you that your promise to always strengthen me, stand with me and never forsake me is constant and secure.  Let me move forward in my dreams, with your love and guidance today and know that no matter what I set my mind to do, I will always succeed.
In Jesus Name




No comments:

Post a Comment