Thursday, April 12, 2012

Prayer Journal.....


Today's Inspiration
After the writer's death, reading his journal is like receiving a long letter.
~Jean Cocteau

Just a little over two years ago, I began to faithfully keep a journal, which in a short time became a prayer journal.  I recently pulled the early journal out, in the hopes of transferring them here and was astounded by the amount of pain that came through on the pages, it was clear that during those early moments I was not only in a lot of pain, I was also confused and very self-centered in my prayers.  Much of those early writings, when things first happened, were an excellent reflection of my life, they were confusing and made very little sense, jumbled and hard to understand.


As I flipped further through the journal(s), I began to see God's hand in my life, even through the torment, fear, and uncertainty, I began to see where He was in control of my life and how I was growing through the trail I was in.


As I flip even further to more recent postings, my growth has become more centered and more apparent as I read those pages.  I am also able to see not only where God has been working in my life, but also where specific prayers  have been answered.


In a strange way, going back through those old journals and seeing where I was and where I am now, has helped me heal some of the old hurts and calm some of the underlying fears that I didn't realize were still burning within me.


It's helped me as I struggle right now with letting go and Trusting God to see where He has been working and answering those prayers and renewed my spirit to let go of these things I am afraid to release control of, for in my journals, I have irrevocable proof that God will handle it all.




Psalm 50:15
And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you and you will honor Me......

Today's Prayer
Thank you Lord that you are there for us to call to in our moments of trouble, thank you that you rescue and renew us in moments of trail.  Thank you Father that you hold us steady when our paths are uneven.  Thank you that You will always love us and never leave us.
~In Jesus Name



No comments:

Post a Comment