Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday Good Reads.....Crazy Love


Today's Inspiration
I asked Jesus ... "How much do you love me " And Jesus said ... "This much." Then He stretched out His arms and died.
- Unknown

I just finished the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  I realize that many people jumped on this Crazy Love bandwagon about a year or so ago, when I originally bought the book.   I however, did not read the book until recently when I downloaded it onto my kindle (favorite gift ever).

It was a long wait in getting this book read and finished, but it was so worth it.  Whether you have read the book a year ago or never heard of it, if you desire a deeper more substantial relationship with God, this book is a must read.  

Francis Chan explores the average Christians relationship with God in Churches today.  Throughout the book Chan encourages Christians to explore their relationship with God at the level it is currently and encourages them to push deeper into that relationship, citing examples in the Bible and of others who have exceeded the boundaries in their calling and relationship with the Creator.  


While reading Crazy Love, I was forced to take a good hard look at myself and my personal relationship with Christ.  Throughout this book I realized that I had a lot of work to do in myself and in my relationship with God.  I have put many suggestions in the book into play and anticipate reading the book again, a year from now to see where I have grown and where I still need to grow and encourage everyone to read the book at least once.


Francis Chan also included a video series to get you thinking deeper about your relationship with God for each chapter of this book.  These are also well worth the time it takes to check them out.  I have attached the introduction to crazy love at the bottom of this post!

Below I have included links to the book on Amazon and to the ebook, which is 2.24 on Amazon, not a bad deal to help grow your relationship with God. 


                                                                                                 
The above links are for the book or ebook.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment