Friday, April 27, 2012


Today's Inspiration: Community
A community needs a soul if it is to become a true home for human beings. You, the people must git it this soul.
~Pope John Paul II


The Gypsy Mama offers a fun and creative way to write on Friday's, when your done here, head over there and challenge yourself!  The goal is to write for 5 minutes on a given topic freely, without editing or pretext, just to write to enjoy!

Topic:Community

START:

Many years ago, when I was a young mother, my then pastor's wife talked to me about what it meant to be part of a community and how I could rely on my church family to help me raise my child.  

At that time, I didn't feel the sense of community and certainly didn't understand what it was she was referring to.  I felt alone and struggled alone.  While the church was great in many ways, there definitely wasn't a sense of community.  I believed then that "Community" in the church was just a made up term to try and connect it's members.

Since then I have found a new church.  One in which the sense of community is so strong and so present that I get what she was saying then.  I have also learned, for me, community is a loose term for Family.  For that is what the members of the church have become to me, Family.

I no longer struggle alone, raise my children alone or worship alone.  No matter what needs I have, I have someone with whom I can seek for guidance, support, love or encouragement.  And on the other end, I can provide those same things to the other members of my community and family.  

Community is real and it's important and without it, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I am beyond grateful.

STOP:
Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.



Today's Prayer/ Praise:
Thank you Lord for this community you have given me and my children, for this extended family, for the encouragement, inspiration, education, love, purpose and home.  Without them, Without You, Without Community, I wouldn't be where I am today. 






2 comments:

  1. You are so right! Community=Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless it with love, and truth, and and authenticity. And you, in what you share there.

    ReplyDelete